Monday, June 1, 2015

Royal Bonn~

Good Morning!


The sun actually came out yesterday and there is not rain in the forecast! I know there are many along with me that are thrilled with this news! Enough already!! 

Well, I found the antique store on Saturday that I've searched for three times, yes! Suri did okay, however she did not know about the construction and detours! Another time, I ended up at a antique store that was out of business! So, when I went looking for this place again, I was armed and ready and was not coming home until I found it. And I did, woo hoo! It was even bigger and better than I thought it would be! I just love to wander around on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon or anytime looking for treasures. I makes my heart happy!

My new treasure is a Royal Bonn German Vase! I instantly knew it was going home with me!  Oh my goodness, the hand painted floral motif is just beautiful and that gilded rim, be still my heart! (I am easily excitable about my little treasures!)




A little about Royal Bonn
Royal Bonn was the trade name used by Franz Anton Mehlem, who produced European porcelain in Bonn, Germany, between 1836 and 1931.
Both ‘Royal’ and ‘1755’ were added to the Mehlem pottery mark in the year 1890. My piece- 1888-1901.
They were used continually until the company was sold to Villeroy & Boch. On June 1st 1920, the potter was bought by Villeroy & Boch and then subsequently closed by them in 1931. 
I did not know this, I love Villeroy and Boch! 
Coffee is waiting and goodness, I sure need it to get going this morning! Drop in if you want a yummy bowl of oatmeal! I know, I didn't get up early enough to bake some homemade cinnamon rolls! Next time! 
Have a wonderful day!





23 comments:

  1. Hello Nancy, your vase is lovely. I am glad you found your antique store and had fun looking for treasures. The cinnamon buns with my coffee sounds yummy! Enjoy your Monday and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! Wish I could join you for those cinnamon rolls and coffee. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY, that is gorgeous! I am happy you finally found your store you were looking for:) Enjoy your coffee and oatmeal, I'll be there as soon as you get the cinnamon rolls baked:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you found the place and your vase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! Love the floral design! I love antique shopping too! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy,
    Your vase is gorgeous. So excited to see how excited you are to find this piece. Love treasure hunting too.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful find, Nancy. So glad you were able to finally find the shop. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo, this is such a pretty vase, Nancy. And I'll have coffee and cinnamon rolls with you any time. :~)

    I was noticing the cream colored chair in the background. I have a chair that has a very similar design.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great find, Nancy. Love the ruffled gold top on your vase and the cinnamon rolls sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vase, Nancy and enjoyed the history you included! Blessings, Pam (everydayliving.me)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunny here again too. It's been nice the past two days. Pretty find, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy, oh I love that vase! It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are finally getting a decent rain..and I'm not complaining even though Mollie and I got soaked on our 40 minute walk this AM..We need this!! Love your vase...Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Nancy, I love Thomas Kinkade's Christmas paintings too. I bought my first painting of his this year - it's a white cottage with snow all around. The town he grew up in, Placerville, is my favorite town in Northern California, and I visited it this year. I wanted to ask you if you've ever seen the movie, 'Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage?' I think you'd really like it.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy,
    Such a treasure you have, I adore it! With building our new home and living in apartment while we doing so, I have more time to spend in specialty and antique shops!
    Always a joy to visit you!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, your vase is so pretty. The coloration is lovely and I know you will have fun placing it everywhere in your lovely home.

    It is starting that 'raining everyday business' here, too. Yikes!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nancy :)

    Your vase is beautiful! I get excited about little things too, so I understand. I was excited to find a couple of 1930s cookbooks this past weekend :)

    Have a great rest of your week,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nancy, well you sure found a gorgeous treasure and the painting is just beautiful. Well worth the travels to find the place and this waiting for you. I love poppies! They always remind me of my grandmother who grew them in her garden.

    So glad to see the sun for a change here too. The floods all around left so much destruction and the blue skies and sunshine are giving many a lift.
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my geraniums. I normally paint pink roses, but was up for something different that day!!
    Have a great evening.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your vase is lovely. The poppies are beautiful. It reminds me of a jardiniere that was in my family for years until a naughty cat knocked it off the piano. Now that you have found this location, you'll be visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous, gorgeous vase, Nancy! It is really beautiful. I am glad you found it and snapped it up. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a fabulous vase!! Can't wait to see where you place it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. The vase is so pretty! You done good. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love when a special treasure is found while thrifting or antiquing, Nancy. Your vase is a happy find! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Nancy