Monday, September 28, 2015

Inspired By Color~

I love yellow. 

What can I say?? True!


I've loved yellow back since the early 70's. Do you remember when the trend in yellow or golds were fancied up and called harvest gold and remember the color that went with it? Avocado green! 

I like to refer to the colors as pumpkin, harvest yellow, you know, warm earthy colors!

Well, I'll keep this short and sweet and my plan is to share some lovely photographs that I found in an old Better Homes and Gardens Book. 

This did crack me up. A question in the book was, do you have visual tension in your house? 
I think not! 
Humm, allergy headache?  Maybe it's the visual tension in my house! 

Well, here's a quick look of some of my favorite rooms that are in my old book! 

 The mixed patterns...love them!!
Those stripes are just the best! 
Yellow, love it mixed with that glorious hot pink!

Nothing like yellow sunflowers adorning a tablescape! 
Oh my, that scrumptious looking loaf of bread reminds me of the very few times 
I would bake "homemade bread!" 

I'm crazy about the pattern in that comfy looking chair. 
Minus the fruit in the pattern-
Ottomans are just the best!
  
 Isn't this a dream?
I enjoy decorating our beach home. In my dreams.
Love the crisp look of blue and white~
Awesome trunk too.

 Cozy outdoor space...
Great patterns on that sofa!
Sunflowers make any space look inviting~

 Is this not the sweetest room you've ever seen?
Soft pink and green...
Love the stripes and polka dots...sweet roses.

 Okay, I'm all over those plates! 
That's about to happen in my blue and white guest bedroom.
Just have to start collecting blue and white plates!
Love that chair, pattern is wonderful with the touches of yellow.
Yellow walls. Check!

I can't choose a favorite space, love them all! 

Have a great week! 

17 comments:

  1. I love them all too! I have always loved yellow. I keep telling myself I just need to get over it and move on then I see the yellow in these photos and I guess I never will be. Yellow is just happy!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Nancy! I love this colorful post. The sunflowers are gorgeous and I would like them all over my house. The blue and white colors and images are some of my favorites. And homemade bread sounds yummy. Wishing you a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A question in the book was, do you have visual tension in your house? " Well, I have never thought of that one! ,-) But if I did, I hope I would do something about it. :-))))

    When I was a little girl, Yellow was my fav color. Upon growing up, all shades of Pink are. :-)

    Enjoy!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, these are all such charming spaces. The one that caught my eye was the blue. I love blue in the home, and I don't have enough of it. When I saw that homemade bread, it reminded me of when my sister would make it, and we would have a warm slice right out of the oven with butter. The pink and green room is ever so pretty. It looks sweet with soft colors. A lot of great ideas here.

    Enjoy the week, Nancy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, Ahhh warm bread smeared with butter whipped with honey, oh how that photo created a taste bud sensation for me. We actually own a bread maker, makes bread easy enough .... Gotta bring it out. I started to chuckle with the term visual tension! Enjoyed all the photos, loved the outdoor room space with the pretty iron chair with woven rush seat. The coffee table in the first photo is charming.
    Happy week,
    xo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed how good these decorated rooms look even though the photos were taken in the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow too believe it or not. I am a neutral girl but have always loved yellow and white and blue and white. I may try to have that combo in my next home. Love all the inspiration here.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy,
    I, too, love YELLOW, dear friend!!!
    The past few years, I've been featuring soft buttery yellows during the spring in my Dining Room!!!
    The outdoor space with the amazing fabric couch and Sunflowers appeals to me!!!
    Perhaps, it's the bottles of lemonade on the patio table???
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy Fun Look And See . . .
    Reminder how fast trends change . . .
    Love the arch of blue plates . . . I could do that one!
    Thank you for the orange, yellow, (avocado) flash backs . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love yellow also and SUNFLOWERS! MY FAVE! Have a blessed day, let's go shopping together:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a yellow and red and yellow and blue combination. Those colors go so well with yellow. I love looking at older magazines. When I look at current decorating styles it seems like everyone is going back to the 60's--lol--or have I been around long enough that new trends look old? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy! Oh, I love these pages from the magazine. Some are just timeless, aren't they? I adore that blue and white bedroom at the end. Hope you're doing well.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, oh boy, Nancy, I love these. The shades of blue and yellow in that third photo are wonderful, and I love the botanical pattern.I think that blue and white beach cottage living room is stunning. Ooh, I love that. But then, I love the last photo, too. I once had a guest room painted pale yellow with blue and white bedding and a white dresser. I was crazy in love with that bedroom! The arch of plates over the bed is delightful. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe Nancy, I love it all! I've never been too much into yellow until a few years ago when a friend talked me into painting a chair I use on my front porch yellow! That was the best thing I ever did! Gave me a whole new sense of trying out colors though I must admit I struggle with changing out color schemes! But yellow speaks sunshine to me and brightens my day! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy,
    I too have loved yellow and I even have a yellow Guest Room.
    I also love the golds, rust and green and enjoy getting to use them in my Autumn decorating!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!! I truly appreciate it!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. -clapping hands- I think I solved the "Blog Size Issue" for Everyone!!!!!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Nancy