Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Guest Bedroom Redo


This bedroom is a small bedroom that needed help!

Wanted to create a warm and comfortable room for guests~

 Ready for the bare room?

Besides bare....it's teeny tiny! 

I call that cozy! 

 White blank walls...

 Added mirror on this wall

Love the lace look...can see the palms outdoors.

Decided to add this piece
Small painting on an easel
Antique bowl with silk roses 
Lamp from Restoration Hardware

 
 This piece of art was made by my mom, she framed a beautiful piece of silk fabric and I just treasure it!
I may try it for another guest room, will have hit the fabric store.

 
 Love the charm of this beautiful bowl, it was a gift given to us by my Mom and Dad on our 
20th anniversary.
The added roses give it a romantic look, I think!


 I have had this little painting for years and I don't remember where I got it~ I mean years!

 Decided to add some prints to the wall next to the mirror.
 Bought the prints at Tuesday Morning.

 Added these prints next to the window
 
 May get two more...needs it, I think.

Love the lace... softens the room a bit...

 Laura Ashley Bedding-

 Have always liked this pattern.

I'm crazy about ruffled edged sheets.

I'm still thinking about what I want up above the bed.

Am thinking maybe a pretty swag of flowers tied with pretty ribbon...
What do you all think?

Work in progress!

Joining my sweet friend, Kim for...


Have a great week!!


21 comments:

  1. Nancy, what a pretty and cozy room for your guests. My son has that same bed that we bought him years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. i'd be afraid to sleep there as a guest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks so pretty! Your guests may not want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really sweet and comforting.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bedroom looks wonderful! LOL I love ruffled sheets too. How about a sign over the bed...Welcome guests or Sweet Dream...Maybe the sign could have hooks on it to hang a hat or something

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy- The room is darling...small, cozy and wonderful. I love the Laura Ashley bedding. I have loved her stuff for years and years. I also love that little bowl your parents gave you and the little painting on the easel.

    I don't know that I would put anything above the bed...you could but you don't really need it (in my humble opinion)-oh- just read the comment there- love the Sweet Dreams sign idea. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. any guest would be thrilled to stay in that room.. very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny ! I am changing a spare bedroom into a room for me , getting rid of the bed and puting a pull out couch just in case one of the kids visit us witch is hardly now as they are busy . I love lace curtins I am going to get some for this room of mine after I paint it. Love your guest rooms decore all soo pretty ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks beautiful, very comfy and cozy. I love the bedding and the view out of your window. Palm trees swaying in the breeze, always so relaxing. What are you serving for breakfast? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any guest staying in this guest room would feel the love and care you have put into it. The lace on the valance is very pretty and all the extra little touches including the little bowl from your parents just make it extra special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Nancy! Love the bedding and love the pretty vignette you created on the nightstand! Your guests aren't going to want to leave :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous changes. Love the mirror with the prints added. Perfect. Enjoy your day my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cozy room for your guests . . . and suggest above the headboard left as it is in the photo. When is company arriving?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely room. What's gonna make this room such a perfect retreat for your guests? The thought that you put all this special effort in because you think they're special enough to deserve it. That, my dear, is style with a capital Class.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy! Oh, your guest room is so pretty! I would love to stay there.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your guest rooms is so warm and inviting. The bedding is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful re-do.

    I love cozy guest rooms! They just feel like a hug.

    And yours is really, really charming. How will you get people to actually leave now, though?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nancy-your new added touches are just lovely.
    Have a great weekend!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honey your guest room is comfy.
    Anyone would love sleeping in a room as pretty as this.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Nancy