Friday, February 3, 2012

My Quiet Friends...

I took a stroll outside yesterday morning (cabin fever was setting in!) and had a satisfying little visit with my quiet friends...the sweet floral kind. They are true blue! Here they are blooming for me and making me smile. They make me proud...

I'll be happy when spring comes along, that is when "all" of my quiet friends come out to see me. They are so very loyal...love it. 



Nothing blooming, only a dependable little smile...


 The wonderful scent of these gardenia blooms are just...
well, yummy! 
You think I need go head in and have some breakfast!



These little yellow mums are trying their best to bloom again! When they were cut back, oh my gosh, they threw a hissy fit!
They are thanking me now!



This pot of flowers has been making me proud for about three years! Has not ever stopped blooming! 
You talk about faithful flowers, amazing friends!


Now, I'm so proud of this one. 
I was told it needed to be taken out a year ago. 
Hold on, NOT so fast! Look at those blooms!



These two just keep keep on impressing me, they live together in such harmony...too cute. 


My most faithful and blooming friend~


How are your quiet friends doing on this awesome February day?



21 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing. Nothing much here. I so need to have a complete remake in the yard. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. My yard is deep in slumber! Needs another couple of months before it starts to wake up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I only have a few daffodils blooming right now but they are enough to make me smile. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing blooming here in the Midwest! So of course, I live vicariously through gals like you that have all the pretty blooms right now! Beautiful, Nancy! You truly have a green thumb!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the cheerful pictures!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flowers in February!!??
    Ahhh! Was nice to see that. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, my knockout roses are in full bloom. February is when I should prune them back, but I don't know what to do now. This weather is so strange. In the high 70s here!
    Enjoy those silent friends and if you like chocolate, stop by for a visit. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see you walking through your garden seeing life in all it's glory!
    Today I took a walk through our county extension service gardens and did a bit of pinching since the lady master gardener said I could.. it's not blooming but the pickins were good..lol
    Lovely post my friend!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the backyard Mom. Have a great weekend! Love Randy

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is all just beautiful!!

    I loved reading the comment from your son......bottom line - it is the comments of FAMILY we treasure the most!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree-
    what a wonderful comment from your son.

    What a blessing!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh- What lovely pictures! The only thing growing here is my impatience for Spring- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI NANCY!!!!
    BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS!!!I would guess you live in either Sunny Arizona, California or Texas, somewhere on the warmer side!!!
    The flowers are perfect and will be blooming very soon. Here in Warm HOT AZ, the flowers only grow in the winter, spring and fall, just a few survive our desert heat!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy! Oh, you do have some pretty little quiet little friends!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful blooms....just what I needed in the middle of winter. Thanks for sharing.

    xo, abby

    ReplyDelete
  17. my yard just received 4-6inches of snow so it is deep in sleep right now!

    Love all your pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have plant envy! How wonderful to have blooms in Feb.!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's been a pretty mild winter here in Wisconsin but I am still so jealous of all of the green and the blooms I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd kill for a whiff of that gardenia!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Nancy