Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blooming Tree Talk...

Flowering annuals, perennials, bulbs, roses, ornamental grasses, shrubs and trees all bring me so much joy, I can hardly stand it! Blooming and fragrant ones, oh my, I just adore! I am totally captivated by a garden brim full with flowers!

I love to plant, water, fertilize and just watch them grow! There's no place like being outside listening to the birds sing, walking around looking at all the blooms bursting with color, I love to bury my nose in the petals for a sweet and pleasant sniff!

I've got some tree talk for you today!

I'm so excited about two new trees that just put out, oh my heavens, they are a spectacular color of purple and have clusters of fragrant trumpet shaped blooms, they are beautiful.

My problem, I did not know what they were until an hour ago.

I called the local plant nursery, after I described to him what I have, he knew right away!

They are Jacaranda trees!

It is a tropical beauty and I was told it blooms once, maybe twice a year.  I'm just tickled purple!! I am so thrilled to have them in my yard! We just moved to our new home last fall, so they were not in bloom, hadn't a clue about them!

What a surprise....and what a gift~
 
Here are a few photographs so you can see what I am so excited about!


I think it's such a dainty looking tree~






I love the shape of the blooms and the leaves!

The purple blooms have a blue, lilac and pink tint!
 I love the soft blooms~

 Below is what a grown up looks like!

Is this not the most elegant, stunning and enchanting tree ever?  

I'm touched by their beauty!

I'm loving my Jacaranda trees!

Joining Kim for Wow Us Wednesdays!
and 

Jean for

22 comments:

  1. Oh My Nancy what a GORGEOUS TREE!!! and I LOVE the color! What a pleasant surprise for you... We'll be watching yearly for "Updates" on it's growth!
    Have a wonderful week, and if you're looking for me "I'll be in the garden"!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing tree for Bloomin' Tuesday! Welcome! Your tree resembles my Rose of Sharon. The leaves are simular but the tree growth is different. The Rose of Sharon branches grow up. The grown tree is indeed awesome! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blooming trees. Thanks for sharing them. It makes me crave spring. Here in Utah today it was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, it's absolutely beautiful!! I would love to have one. What I really want is a Royal Ponciana (sp?). I bet you would love one of those too!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and what a nice surprise-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tree, blooms almost look like a camelia, but not the leaves or size.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I'd love to have that gorgeous tree growing in my front yard! So pretty.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So-o-o-o envy you the warm weather to grow to your hearts delight!! The Northeast is a struggle.....Breath-taking tree!!
    Have a Peaceful Day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the person at the garden center was wrong. That is an Rose of Sharon tree-commonly called althea. If there is a state extension office in your town they can positively identify it for you. It is beautiful, though, I have several.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and me both...I too love to garden and sit and drink in the beauty of the yard all along the manicured lawn and sit in leisure after a day of trimming, pruning, and babying those beauties...all to much satisfaction. I was adult when I first saw the tree in bloom and they blew me away!!! They're gorgeous aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS...the bottom photo is jacaranda, but I don't think the other photos are of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty, no matter what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracious but it does start out, fragile looking. Will it need some support?

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, so soft and pink. Is that the same as Rose of Sharon? I had one once but moved off and left it. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! I'd love a tree with blooms like that! What a sweet surprise for you!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOLY SMOKE, gorgeous! I just love them and certainly didn't know what it was either:) Have a blessed day dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK.
    Now I have a quest.
    I want one of those!!!

    L-
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is beautiful. Definitely wow material. Aren't surprises fun?
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for visiting me and leaving a comment.
    Then I could find you. I have become a follower and I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so tropical looking and so beautiful! Thanks for the photos and description, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Nancy