Friday, March 26, 2010

Ten Questions

I’ve been tagged by the wonderful blog White Spray Paint to answer a few questions. She is a kindred spirit, no doubt about it, she's a dear friend and this is for you Laura, the one and only Laura!
Give us a list of 10 simple questions, and you are probably going to get more than you may have expected.


1. What makes you feel happy?

Absolutely the best time is when our kids are all home. Our home is so full of life when they are home or when we are all together. My heart is simply singing the entire time. it's a party! There's fun, laughter, cooking, playing games, building things, playing with Barbie dolls, arts and crafts, boating, shopping. It's always so laughter, teasing, and hugging!

2. What makes a song popular for you, the lyrics of the song or the melody?

I have to say both are important to me, however it is the lyrics that truly make the song a favorite for me.

3. How much does your imagination weigh?

Oh my, sometimes too much and then sometimes not so much!

4. Do you enjoy having discussions about politics with other people who have different opinions

Oh yes. I love engaging in a good conversation. I am always interested in another's point of view, and I will always listen, then I always think I am right.

5. What have you taught your children and hope that they learned?

That faith and values are most important in life.

6.  What do you think about when you can't fall asleep?

Recently, blogging and what I'll photograph next!!

7. What is one great truth for daily living?

I think positive and optimistic attitudes are so necessary in life. I believe in the power of prayer and postive thinking.

8. What is the best thing about grandchildren?

Oh my, they are always full of happiness and so much joy! They fascinate me! They are a hoot, and their love is just unconditional, oh my heavens, it's such a privilege to spend time with these little blessings! I stand in awe as I look at them, everything is so perfect and special about each one of them! My heart is just filled up to the top with love for each one of my precious grandchildren, I am blessed.

9. Living persons you admire?

Anyone dealing with a long term illness and gets through each and every day, knowing it'll be the same the next day.

10. Greatest Achievement?

By far and large, raising my beautiful children to be truly amazing adults and parents.

If you are reading this, I invite you to create your own list and post it for all to see.

Have fun!!

Nancy

12 comments:

  1. How fun to learn more of you ... love your way of thinking.

    Happy Easter ~
    Pop over for our giveaway.

    Have a great weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so much fun finding out new things about our blogging friends..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy.. you left out one question. What is the most agonizing accomplishment you've ever well... accomplished?? How about 52 quarts of bread and butter pickles in one day!! Remember that?? From slicing the cukes to waiting around to hear the jar lids popping so we knew they had a good seal. Just kidding! I know you have wonderful accomplishments far beyond pickles... but wasn't that something? We did it! AND with children. My feet and legs hurt so badly that night that I was nearly in tears. We were young and foolish!! LOL
    Love,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what was I thinking?? Of course that is up there with one of the major ones!!! Oh no, I have not forgotten how much work it was, but oh did we have fun or what? That was our entertainment! Yes, and with little ones and all. I have to say, we did great. Those were wonderful times and unforgettable ones for sure! I think I had bread and butter pickles for years and years and years! Who knows, there could be a jar in my pantry now!

    Want to do it again? Aw...come on!

    Love,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun! I agree...watching our kids grow up and turn out well is a wonderful feeling and sense of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all your answers!! If we lived close by each other, I just know we'd be friends. :) I adore my grandkids also.

    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was really fun!!! I love reading these kinds of questions and answers. Thanks for sharing. I am loving raising my kids...just hope I'm teaching them well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun questions! Love the post about your grandsons. I have FIVE. Can you believe not a girl one!!!!!!!!! But, oh how I love my boys. I kept 3 of the 5 Thursday & Friday. I can tell you they WEAR ME OUT! Have a great weekend. HUGS! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad I've discovered our wonderulf blog and even gladder to read all your questions and answer. What's amazing about bogging is that meeting new people always turns out to be a great experience.
    thank you for sharing so much about you.
    warmely
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nancy-
    Sorry this is a late comment-
    I am out of town.
    What a great list!

    Isn't blogging fun?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thia post has helped me to get to know you a better. I am loving your blog and I will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Nancy